CODE OF CONDUCT
NRRDO has a Code of Conduct which a set of rules and guidelines that governs the behaviour of staff. It is a framework within which staff binds themselves in regards to their work and conduct.
The functions of the Code of Conduct are:
- To provide a common understanding of NRRDO’s expectations of it’s staff in regards to ethical conduct.
- Setting guidelines on expected behaviour
- Re-enforcing standards of expected behaviour
- Creating awareness on shared values and principles that govern attitude and behaviour.
- To guide staff on how to handle conflicts of interest
The Code of Conduct is a set of rules and guidelines that governs the behaviour of staff of NRRDO. It is a framework within which we members of staff bind ourselves in regard to our work and conduct.
The Code of Conduct gives guidance on how we are expected to behave as NRRDO staff.
- As staff working with NRRDO we will ensure that our conduct is consistent with and reflects the values of the organization
- We will respect the dignity and worth of every individual, we will promote respect and tolerance. We will aim to build constructive and respectful working relations with our partners and the community. We will continuously seek to improve our performance; we will foster an environment that encourages learning and support positive change.
- We will show respect for all persons equally without distinction whatsoever of race, gender, religion, ethnic group, language, marital status, age, socio-economic status, or disability. We will strive to remove all barriers to equality.
CORE VALUE –04
- We will respect the culture and tradition of all the people and will strive to avoid behaving in ways that are offensive and not acceptable in a particular cultural context.
- We will respect the organization’s properties (Assets) and use it solely for work related activities and not convert it to personal use.
- We will conduct NRRDO’s activities honestly, with integrity, and good judgement and in the best interest of the organization and the people of Nuba Mountains whom we are ultimately accountable to. We are committed to the creation of a working environment that promotes integrity and accountability.
- Upholding the integrity of NRRDO by ensuring that my personal and professional conduct is and is seen to be of the highest standard.
- Treat all human beings with respect and dignity.
- Contribute to building a harmonious workplace based on team spirit, mutual respect and understanding.
- Safeguard and make responsible use of the information and resources I have access to by virtue of my employment to NRRDO
- Refrain from any form of harassment inclusive sexual, discrimination, physical or verbal abuse, intimidation or favouritism in the workplace.
- Refrain from misuse of the organization’s property (assets) and conflict of interest.
Penalties & Enforcement
Any violation of the Code of Conduct shall constitute a misconduct for which the violator shall be liable for disciplinary action in accordance with the rules & regulations governing the staff of NRRDO. The disciplinary action taken may be in form of a verbal warning, reprimand, severe reprimand or termination of employment depending on the seriousness of the offence committed.
The Code of Conduct shall be reviewed as and when deemed necessary
I have read and understood the Code of Conduct and that NRRDO expects me to uphold it.